Globat is a web hosting provider whose goal is to make web hosting services available to everyone who wants to start and maintain their presence on the Internet.
By providing web hosting and domain registration services, Globat claims to be a leader in Performance Web Hosting with affordable and quality solutions for customers around the world. The American hosting company believes its commitment to customer service and technical support makes Globat successful.
It is frustrating that you will not find advanced hosting solutions such as Cloud or VPS servers on Globat’s list of services. So can its shared hosting plans meet each customer’s needs?
In this review of Globat, we are ready to double-check all the claims of the hosting provider and see if it provides what it promised.
So let’s get started!
Globat Pricing Review
Globat has two shared hosting plans – GX01 and GX19, prices for which start at $4.44 per month. The more expensive option, GX19, will cost $19.99 per month. Both plans have a one-year subscription only, and you will need to pay in advance.
With both plans, GX01 and GX19, you get unlimited disk space, email accounts, and a domain name. However, the plans differ from one another:
- With the GX01 plan, for $4.44 per month, you get 50 MySQL databases and up to 15 e-commerce products.
- The GX19 plan for $19.99 per month includes an unlimited number of databases and an eCommerce tool for up to 50 products.
With a noticeable difference in cost between the two hosting plans, the possibilities look quite similar. So the only time you’ll benefit from GX19 is if you plan to have a small, 50 product online store, although there are both better and less limited tools for the same price.
On the other hand, a cheaper plan seems to be available. After all, you get unlimited resources and a domain for $4.44 per month.
But there is also a pretty expensive catch.
The plans are only available for one year, and after that, GX01 will jump in price. Renewal at $14.95/month. And that’s a pretty high price!
You can also get a bit cheaper pricing after the renewal if you choose a more extended billing period. In the table, you can compare the pricing:
|Payment Period||GX01 Plan monthly price||GX01 Plan cumulative price|
After all, Globat pricing turns out to be pretty expensive.
Anyways, you can check the table to compare both of the plans. Perhaps it’s still worth hosting with Globat?
|GX01 Plan||GX19 Plan|
|HDD or SSD used in servers?||HDD||HDD|
|SSL||Included (free for domains registered with Globat)||Included (free for domains registered with Globat)|
|eCommerce||Up to 15 products||Up to 50 products|
|Assisted website transfer||No||No|
|cPanel||Included (web-based FileManager)||Included (web-based FileManager)|
|Money back guarantee||30 days||30 days|
|Customer support||24/7 Live chat, Phone, Ticket & FAQs|
|Choice of server location||No – US only||No – US only|
|Free Automated back-ups||No||No|
Even after comparing plans, GX01 looks more logical – you get almost the same, but cheaper. But keep in mind the price increase. After the upgrade, it will jump up, so if the performance isn’t good, staying with the host for longer than a year may not be worth it.
Globat Performance Review
Globat makes no warranty for performance. However, you are likely to be safe in the event of a power outage – Globat has a diesel generator and UPS backup power.
Besides, the provider has managed to maintain a 99.998% availability over the last 30 days. That means that the servers could have been shut down in less than a minute. Pretty good result!
On the other hand, the performance of Globat can and should be improved. Our testing tool rated it at C – just above average.
In the U.S., the time is excellent, not reaching 100 ms. However, other continents need to be seriously improved. Banglore and Japan are far behind, failing to keep the industry average at 553 ms.
Hosting site with a target audience in the U.S. will be quite large – there should be no delay in loading pages. However, I can not say the same about other continents.
Globat Review: Pros
This overview of Globat shows that a hosting provider provides some great features with their hosting plans, and they include:
- Money-Back Guarantee – Globat Returns money to customers who are not satisfied with their hosting plans within 30 days of subscription. That makes Globat better than some hosting providers who offer shorter days for their Money Back Guarantee strategy.
- A good support system – the hosting provider offers 24/7 support to its customers. Globat’s technical team is available via Live Chat, Phone, and online ticket. Besides, the Globat Knowledge Base has a sufficient number of frequently asked questions guides.
- Fully equipped control panel – the control panel that comes with hosting plans is fully equipped. The control panel includes the FileManager web tool, website statistics, and some other management tools for managing MySQL email addresses and databases. Globat also provides training videos that can help you navigate the control panel easily.
- 24/7 network monitoring – Globat has two data centers in Boston, USA. These data centers are monitored 24 hours a day, seven days a week, and have backup power from the UPS and a backup generator.
Globat Review: Cons
We also noticed several disadvantages that arise when selecting Globat:
- No performance guarantee – Globat does not indicate any performance or downtime. That is very alarming because the absence of such an obligation means some uncertainty for the customer. Fortunately, recent results show that Globat is quite good at keeping downtime to a minimum.
- No Advanced Hosting Packages – Globat does not offer advanced hosting packages such as cloud hosting, dedicated hosting, VPS, or reseller hosting. In the absence of such packages hosting provider is not designed for high-performance sites and business. Besides, when your website grows, you have to change your provider – with Globat, there are simply no scalability options.
- Relatively low server speed – server speed is fast only in America and is tolerated only in other parts of the world.
- Renewal price – GX01 tariff plan is available only for one year. After that, the price will jump by $10. This way, you can end up paying $14.95 per month. Is it worth paying? It’s up to you now.
Globat Review Summary
This review of Globat has shown that the host still has enough room for improvement. The cheapest plan is perfect for the initial period – in the U.S., you will have a great response time and almost unlimited possibilities.
But then comes all the shortcomings of Globat.
After the upgrade, the price of GX01 increases by three times. The uptime warranty is also nowhere to be found, so the question of whether you can trust this host remains unanswered. And if you decide to host somewhere other than the USA, the server speed will only be tolerated.
Keep in mind that you can’t scale with Globat.
So do I recommend this hosting provider?
Well, if you only need a small site for an American audience for a year – yes, of course. But that’s quite a lot of conditions, so you’d better look for another respected host.
- 30-day money-back guarantee
- Good support
- Unlimited storage
- No guarantee of uninterrupted operation.
- Slow server speed
- No additional accommodation packages
- Hostwinds Editorial Review & Aggregated Reddit Reviews
- iWeb Editorial Review & Aggregated Reddit Reviews
- Vultr Editorial Review & Aggregated Reddit Reviews
- Hivelocity Editorial Review & Aggregated Reddit Reviews
- Directnic Editorial Review
- GearHost Editorial Review & Aggregated Reddit Reviews
- Hawk Host Editorial Review & Aggregated Reddit Reviews
- Freehostia Editorial Review & Aggregated Reddit Reviews
- Webair Editorial Review
- Scaleway Editorial Review & Aggregated Reddit Reviews
- GoogieHost Editorial Review & Aggregated Reddit Reviews
- SmarterASP.NET Editorial Review & Aggregated Reddit Reviews
- TMDHosting Editorial Review & Aggregated Reddit Reviews
- Hosting24 Editorial Review
- ZAP-Hosting Editorial Review & Aggregated Reddit Reviews
- Dot5Hosting Editorial Review
- EasyCGI Editorial Review
- JaguarPC Editorial Review
- Just Host Editorial Review & Aggregated Reddit Reviews
- GoDaddy Editorial Review & Aggregated Reddit Reviews
- Leaseweb Editorial Review & Aggregated Reddit Reviews
- MyDomain Editorial Review
- Cloudways Editorial Review & Aggregated Reddit Reviews
- Linode Editorial Review & Aggregated Reddit Reviews
- DiscountASP Editorial Review
- X10Hosting Editorial Review
- Site5 Editorial Review & Aggregated Reddit Reviews
- WebHostingPad Editorial Review
- NTC Hosting Editorial Review
- WPX Hosting Editorial Review & Aggregated Reddit Reviews
Like what you see?
GRIN tech is available for work.Hire Us