Directnic is a Louisiana based hosting company that offers “simple hosting solutions that should make Internet access as easy as possible.”
In this Directnic review, let’s have a look at how good it is.
Directnic Hosting Overview
Directnic is a self-proclaimed collection of crazies, historians, athletes, world travelers, and so on. But most importantly, it is a hosting company that offers several services suitable for both personal users and small businesses.
That’s what these services and products are:
- Web Hosting
- Email hosting
- Web Site Builder
- SSL certificates
Offering only shared hosting Directnic completely ignores all corporate clients focusing on individual users.
That’s why in this review of the Directnic, we will test shared hosting services to see how they counteract competitors.
Directnic’s Pricing Review
Directnic has three hosting plans – Lite, which costs $2.48 per month, Pro, which costs $4.48 per month, and Deluxe, which will throw you $7.98 per month.
That is what these plans will give you:
- Lite Plan costs $2.48 per month, 5 GB of disk space, 100 GB of data transfer, 50 POP3 letters, 10 MYSQL databases, 3 FTP accounts, up to 3 hosting domains, and up to 50 subdomains.
- Pro Plan costs $4.48 per month, 100 GB of disk space, 1000 GB of data transfer, 100 POP3 letters, 50 MYSQL databases, 5 FTP accounts, up to 15 hosting domains, and up to 150 subdomains.
- Deluxe plan costs $7.98 per month, 200 GB of disk space, 2000 GB of data transfer, 250 POP3 emails, 10 FTP accounts, up to 30 hosted domains, up to 250 subdomains.
The prices are only valid if you commit to a long-term contract and pay in advance for at least 12 months, i.e., real monthly prices for the plans are:
- $4.95 per month for Lite,
- $8.95 per month for Pro
- and $15.95 per month for Deluxe.
More detailed plans
Now, since we know the prices, in this part of the Directnic review, we’ll have a look at the plans in more detail. Let’s see what exactly do you get for your money.
|Money-back guarantee||30 days||30 days||30 days|
|Customer support||Live Chat, Phone||Live Chat, Phone||Live Chat, Phone|
Naturally, each plan has its limitations – nowhere are there “unlimited” resources. But in fact, that’s a positive thing.
No hosting provider really offers you anything; Directnic offers transparent restrictions.
Directnic Review: Pros
The Headmaster has a few good things. In this part of Directnic’s review, I will talk about some of the things that I liked about this host.
With each of these plans, you will get free access to Weebly, one of our top-class website builders. If you don’t have much experience in website development, this drag and drop solution can be a great start.
It’s a great website builder, so if you want to make your website from scratch, it’s a good way to start.
Directnic customer support is quite good. Direct chat, email, and tickets are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week, while phone support is available from 8 am to 6 pm. And on all of these platforms, I got the same high-quality customer support. The representatives were useful and knowledgeable as they should be.
Directnic offers a 99.9% uptime guarantee – and that’s really not good at all. Fortunately, in reality, Directnic works much better, and uptime is much closer to 99.99%.
Directnic Review: Cons
But like every hosting provider, Directnic also has some shortcomings.
That is what I did not like about Directnic:
Despite its reliability, Directnic services are not very fast. Response times – especially in Asia – are quite poor. This hosting provider will last in the U.S. – not much if your visitors are coming from abroad.
Prices are just too high
Many cheap hosting providers combine low prices with high-quality services.
Now here is the thing – Directnic charges quite a lot but does not offer that much. With a monthly payment, three plans cost $4.95, $8.95 and $15.95, respectively. And for this money, you can get better service.
To sum up the Directnic Review
In general, Directnic is a simple, straightforward hosting provider, but it lacks a killer edge to really be the best in business. Reliable servers and adding a Weebly web constructor are great things, but server performance and cost need to be corrected to achieve better results.
So, this is where my review of Directnic ends – hopefully, it has helped shed some light on this hosting provider.
- The package includes the Weebly
- Reliable servers
- Good customer support
- Pretty expensive
- Performance of subcontractors
- GoDaddy Editorial Review & Aggregated Reddit Reviews
- Hostwinds Editorial Review & Aggregated Reddit Reviews
- X10Hosting Editorial Review
- ZAP-Hosting Editorial Review & Aggregated Reddit Reviews
- Scaleway Editorial Review & Aggregated Reddit Reviews
- Hawk Host Editorial Review & Aggregated Reddit Reviews
- Linode Editorial Review & Aggregated Reddit Reviews
- GearHost Editorial Review & Aggregated Reddit Reviews
- Vultr Editorial Review & Aggregated Reddit Reviews
- TMDHosting Editorial Review & Aggregated Reddit Reviews
- Leaseweb Editorial Review & Aggregated Reddit Reviews
- Dot5Hosting Editorial Review
- MyDomain Editorial Review
- Globat Editorial Review
- Just Host Editorial Review & Aggregated Reddit Reviews
- GoogieHost Editorial Review & Aggregated Reddit Reviews
- WebHostingPad Editorial Review
- JaguarPC Editorial Review
- DiscountASP Editorial Review
- iWeb Editorial Review & Aggregated Reddit Reviews
- WPX Hosting Editorial Review & Aggregated Reddit Reviews
- Hosting24 Editorial Review
- EasyCGI Editorial Review
- Hivelocity Editorial Review & Aggregated Reddit Reviews
- NTC Hosting Editorial Review
- Freehostia Editorial Review & Aggregated Reddit Reviews
- Webair Editorial Review
- Cloudways Editorial Review & Aggregated Reddit Reviews
- SmarterASP.NET Editorial Review & Aggregated Reddit Reviews
- Site5 Editorial Review & Aggregated Reddit Reviews
Like what you see?
GRIN tech is available for work.Hire Us