- What is GoDaddy?
- Company’s Profile
- What is GoDaddy Affiliate Program?
- Types of GoDaddy Affiliate Programs
- GoDaddy Affiliate Link Tracking
- Commission Rates on GoDaddy’s Referral Program
- How Slick is the Affiliate Service?
- What is Good in this Program?
- What is NOT so Good in this Program?
- Can You Make $1000 a month as GoDaddy Affiliate?
What is GoDaddy?
GoDaddy is the biggest internet domain registrar and web hosting company.
When I say biggest, I mean, it is four times the value of its next competitor – web.com.
Besides, GoDaddy provides a whole range of services including, but not limited to SSL certification, website security, internet marketing, e-commerce solutions, and website development.
- Website: GoDaddy.com
- Founded in 1997
- Founder: Bob Parsons
- Headquarters: Scottsdale, Arizona
- Total Customers: 18.8M
- Total Domains Registered: 78 M
- Revenue in 2018: $2.65 billion
- The company operates in 190 countries
What is GoDaddy Affiliate Program?
Firstly, for a layman, what is an affiliate program? Affiliate program also called an associate program, is an arrangement, where a website pays its affiliate websites for directing traffic towards the former. The affiliate sites, post links of the paying sites and get paid as per the agreed payment plan.
The GoDaddy affiliate program, therefore, enables the affiliate to recommend services on GoDaddy to the potential buyers and in turn receive a commission, when referral purchases any product on GoDaddy.
Types of GoDaddy Affiliate Programs
GoDaddy used to self host their affiliate program, initially. But now, they are doing it through Commission Junction (CJ) and Zanox. Both CJ and Zanox manage GoDaddy Affiliate Program.
You need to sign up with either of these sites to get started with the GoDaddy affiliate program. The signing up is all free and joining GoDaddy as an affiliate doesn’t cost anything.
GoDaddy Affiliate Link Tracking
Having signed up with CJ or Zanox as GoDaddy affiliate, their links can be added to your blog or website as and when relevant content is posted. As a GoDaddy affiliate, your links will be tracked by the affiliate link hosting site and GoDaddy would know when a customer reaches them through your website or blog.
CJ has developed a cookie-less tracking solution, which allows them to overcome obstacles like cookie blocking and cookie loss, including user-deleted cookies. Tracking is based on the event ID parameter in each affiliate link. This allows them to track all click and transaction info and credit the right affiliate. Links are tracked even for in-app transactions.
So, it is quite a foolproof system, meaning your commission will find its way to you no matter what.
Commission Rates on GoDaddy’s Referral Program
GoDaddy is generous when it comes to paying a commission for referrals. The rate ranges between a minimum of 15% to 100%, depending upon the type of purchase made by the referral.
In addition, GoDaddy is the only company that also pays some amount even if the referral doesn’t make any purchase. The rates for non-converted referrals keep changing, but still, it is a big plus in favor of the GoDaddy’s affiliate program.
How Slick is the Affiliate Service?
The GoDaddy affiliate dashboard is easy to understand and is quite comprehensive. They have a rich repository of marketing collateral available, such as banners, ad formats, and pictures. These can be used while promoting their link.
GoDaddy also provides a fully functional affiliate marketing dashboard with a complete track of all the clicks on your links and related conversions and sales. It also gives a detailed report of all the commissions, rates and percentages.
What is Good in this Program?
- The commission percentage up to 100% is a big plus of the GoDaddy’s affiliate program.
- GoDaddy also pays even if the referral doesn’t make any purchase. This means that you will get some commission, just of directing traffic to the website.
- There are quite a few products that the company is offering, so the probability of conversion is relatively high.
- You don’t have to be a GoDaddy user to be an affiliate.
- GoDaddy provides a very simple and user-friendly dashboard that is easy to work with and manage the whole affiliate thing.
- There is no minimum purchase limit set by GoDaddy for commission.
- GoDaddy also gives you the option of deep linking.
- Last but not least, it has good blog resources. There are infographics and banners that you can add to your blog and they do come in very handy.
What is NOT so Good in this Program?
- Despite a very well-developed affiliate program, there is not much information available on GoDaddy’s affiliate program. The company really needs to work on this aspect.
- Unlike other affiliate programs, you need to apply for GoDaddy’s Affiliate Program and wait for the approval from CJ / Zanox.
- A conversion period of 45 days is set for affiliate links. This means, you will get a commission for a successful referral, only if the link is converted in to purchase within 45 days after referral.
- GoDaddy holds the initial commission payment for 60 days from the purchase date.
Can You Make $1000 a month as GoDaddy Affiliate?
A definite Yes, keeping in view the commission rates i.e. up to 100% plus the fact that you get paid even for non-purchasing referrals, makes it quite a lucrative program, in terms of money.
So, if you have a blog or a website with good traffic potential, the GoDaddy’s affiliate program can earn you $1000 a month.
- Namecheap Affiliate Program Review
- Click Funnels Affiliate Program Review
- GetResponse Affiliate Program Review
- Leadpages Affiliate Program Review
- Wix’s Affiliate Program Review
- Referral Marketing Strategies
- MailChimp’s Affiliate Program Review
- ConvertKit Affiliate Program Review
- Canva Affiliate Program Review
- Fiverr Affiliate Program Review
Like what you see?
GRIN tech is available for work.Hire Us